The best textured hair extensions add volume. The chemical products such as Relaxers alter the texture of the mane, especially in black women. Naturally, straightened tresses lose their volume since it is thinner than the natural mane. Due to the change in volume when compared to natural tresses, it is beneficial to use weaves.
Knowing the best textured hair extensions your mane depends on a clear understanding of your hair type, your expectations (the look you are going for), and other factors that this article will explain.
Extensions on Textured Hair – Is it Okay?
Generally, the best extensions for relaxed hair are often textured straight hair extensions. The chemicals in relaxers generally break down protein, resulting in the straightening of kinky curls and weakening of the follicle (continuous use of relaxers). The nature of permed tresses requires a little volume added. Weaves are the perfect way to attain the latter.
However, having permed curls is not a bad thing. It is advantageous to women in modern times who have an active lifestyle, as it is easier to maintain.
Hair Wefts, also know as human hair weave extensions add volume to your tresses, maintain growth, and act as a protective style. Some of the finest wefts add volume to your mane without causing damage.
The most preferred weaves for permed tresses are;
- Clip-Ins: These wefts are the most common. The wefts bind to safe micro clips that clip to your manes with a snap. Installation is easy and temporary to give your straightened curls a break.
- Tape-Ins: Tape-Ins have double-sided keratin tapes that will attach to your mane. They are considered one of the best extensions for straightened hair since they lay flat on the scalp.
Features of the Best Extensions for Relaxed Hair.
Selecting the finest weave for your mane can be tricky, but with good information on their qualities, it is a breeze. The top option for permed locks should have the following features:
- Pre-permed Weaves: Extensions mimic your mane texture. When considering texture, the best extensions for relaxed hair are straight wefts since the strands treated with a relaxer are straight. For a natural look, it is better to go for weaves that seamlessly blend with your mane.
- Lightweight Weaves: Permed tresses have a light texture and do not require heavy wefts that pull on the scalp. Heavy wefts add pressure to your head, and scalp, causing damage to your strands. This fact makes lightweight clip-ins and tape-ins the perfect option for your straight weave.
- Quality: This has to be the priority when considering the best extensions for relaxed hair. The top weave that will blend perfectly with your permed hair is Virgin wefts. Also, relaxed straight hair extensions are preferred wefts for permed strands.
A high-quality weft should;
- Feel soft and silky when touched.
- Be tangle-free when finger combed.
- Have no shedding.
Other things to consider when purchasing the best extensions for your permed tresses are:
- Length: If you have short hair, it’s better to go for long straight weaves, as they will give you more volume and the length your need. If you have a long mane go for shorter wefts.
- Color: Blending weaves on your natural mane can be easily achieved when they are the same color as your tresses.
These few tips should help you have a rough idea of what weaves to go for when seeking the perfect option for your permed strands.